Tuesday 4 August 2015

ST. TROPEZ VS PALMERS | GRADUAL TAN REVIEWS


Hey lovelies, carry on reading for a rather disappointing review.. but don't fear it ends on a gorgeous, glowing high!

SO, how huge was the hype for St. Tropez Gradual Tan In-Shower Lotion? I was massively excited to pick this up and my thoughts were 'if I can tan and be showered in 3 minutes, this is nothing short of a miracle!' And yes, this is far from a miracle.


I used this for a good few weeks, followed the instructions to a T (you basically shower, turn the water off and apply this all over, wait 3 mins, then rinse). Of course, this is a gradual tan so my expectations weren't to get an amazing tan in one go, but to at least get SOME colour! I used this every day and my skin colour remained pretty much exactly the same. I'm not mega tanned or super pale so I thought this would without a doubt leave me with some sort of colour, but it didn't at all.

As for the product itself, it didn't smell 'biscuity' like a lot of tans, but I personally don't mind that smell, especially if it works well! It is a cream product, but it dried my skin out and I have oily skin so trust me, that takes a lot. And obviously, the most disappointing factor, it didn't work!

This is definitely not a hate post on St. Tropez because I love their normal tans, gorgeous colour & a massive fan base to show the quality of their products, but, for me this tan just didn't cut it at all.

***
 
Okay, moving on. I was in Boots a few weeks ago and picked up the new Palmers Natural Bronze Spray. I was hesitant to buy this because 1) I'm not a fan of body moisturizers (I cringe at the thought of having a greasy moisturizer under my clothes!) and 2) I immediately thought 'STREAKS!!!'
 
But, in the name of Beauty and because I should try new products for the purpose of my blog, I went for it and oh boy, yes yes yes yes YES!


I've found my holy grail gradual tan and I hope, if you hadn't noticed this product already, now you have too!

The spray can is such a quick option when you want to whack it on before bed without bringing out the mit/gloves and the whole sha-bang! It comes out white/clear and I just spray it in a stripe, down the front and backs of my arms/legs and then just rub it in. It spreads really easily so you don't need to keep spraying more product on to your skin and the main thing for me, it soaks in COMPLETELY within about a minute, enough for me to put clothes on straight after without feeling sticky and gross and that my friends, IS a miracle!

I can hear you all thinking, such an easy, care-free process, I bet you look like a Zebra? Nope! I swear, I have found this product to be completely streak free, including my hands, knuckles, elbows, knees. This product has left me with no build up, no streaks and no nasty patches. Obviously, just do your best to rub it in as evenly as possible, but I've barely made an effort with this and every time I have ended up with an even, non-orange toned, fresh tan.

It smells like regular Palmers, chocolately and gorgeous! The only thing I would remind you to do to avoid any mis-haps, is to wash your palms after because it does stain those a little.

I'll be honest and say it doesn't moisturize as heavily as their tubs of cream, but that's perfect for me and it definitely doesn't dry my skin out.

I picked this up for around £5.00 on a Boots offer, but the £7.99 price for this is most definitely worth it to look like a bronzed goddess every damn day for so little effort!

Side note * you could use this in the morning or evening, I use it before bed so it can develop over night, but if you wanted to use it in the morning & go about your normal day I'm sure it would work just fine, just be careful of sweating, for streaking purposes!

* I will include this in a faves video with a little demo, pictures don't show the formula as it sprays into pretty much nothing! *

Let me know your thoughts on both of these products either here, or over on my Insta or Twitter. I would love to know what you think of these and if you agree.
 
Until next time,

Lily x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Screen. All rights reserved.
Designer Blogger Template by pipdig